Hong Kong Business Locations

Office District Guide

Central Business District

The Offices


Central has always been to top prime office location in the heart of the financial district. Some of the landmark buildings here, that have premium office space for rent include One & Two International Finance Centre, 9 Queen's Road Central, AIA Central, Alexandra House, Bank of China Building, Bank of China Tower, Central Building, Chater House, Cheung Kong Center, Entertainment Building, Exchange Square, housing the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, Hong Kong Club Building, HSBC Main Building, Jardine House, Man Yee Building, Prince's Building, Standard Chartered Bank Building, The Center,The Centrium, The Landmark (office and shopping complex),Wheelock House, Wing On House, World-Wide House and York House

The Amenities


There are many five star hotels in this vicinity including Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong (IFC), Landmark Mandarin Oriental (The Landmark) Mandarin Oriental (Connaught Road Central) The Murray Hong Kong. For entertainment there is Lan Kwai Fong, this location of numerous bars, restaurants and clubs, Central Ferry Pier 8, SoHo, and Hong Kong Wyndham Street.

Transport wise the location is served by several MTR lines – Island line, Tsuen Wan line, Tung Chung line, Airport Express, South Island line at Sheung Wan, Hong Kong, Central and Admiralty stations. Tram lines run through the middle of Central and this is the location of the main ferry terminals - New World First Ferry, to Silvermine Bay (Mui Wo), Peng Chau and Cheung Chau Hong Kong & Kowloon Ferry, to Sok Kwu Wan and Yung Shue Wan on Lamma Island, Star Ferry, to Tsim Sha Tsui and Hung Hom and Discovery Bay Ferry, to Tsim Sha Tsui East and Discovery Bay Park Island Ferry

The History


The area, with its proximity to Victoria Harbour, has served as the center of trade and financial activities from the earliest days of the British colonial era in 1841, and continues to flourish and serve as the place of administration after the transfer of sovereignty to China in 1997.

The British landed on Possession Point of Sheung Wan in 1841. They soon decided to build a city on the north coast of Hong Kong Island and the present-day Central was chosen to house major military facilities and an administrative centre. The area soon attracted both Westerners and Chinese to trade and live in the area, and a Canton Bazaar (precursor of Central Market) was built between Cochrane Street and Graham Street in 1842. The area was soon zoned for Westerners only, and the Chinese residents were restricted to Sheung Wan. The area was largely dominated by the presence of Victoria City. The popularity of this area would also boost the population of Hong Kong from 5,000 in 1841 to 24,000 in 1848. Government House and other Hong Kong Government buildings were completed during this period on Government Hill. Various barracks, naval base and residence of Commander, Flagstaff House were built on the east end of the district. Between 1860 and 1880 the construction of City Hall, Theatre Royal and other financial structures made Central the heart of Hong Kong.

In 1904, the Praya Reclamation Scheme added 59 acres (24 ha) of land to Central's waterfront. Many of the proposals came from Sir Paul Chater and James Johnstone Keswick, the founders of Hongkong Land.During the 1920s, Hong Kong was able to push far ahead economically, because of the cohesive collaboration between Central and all waterfront commerce.

The military structures survived until the 1980s. Only Flagstaff House remains as Museum of Tea Ware in Hong Kong Park. City Hall sat on the present premises of the HSBC Hong Kong headquarters. Hong Kong's first road, Queen's Road, passes through the area and the business centre continued to expand toward the shoreline as far as the reclaimed lands.

Find out the latest asking rents for established office buildings in Central :
Hong Kong Office Rental Table : Asking Rates
Office Space For Rent in Central, Hong Kong CBD


Read less

The Offices


Sheung Wan is an area of Hong Kong located in the north-west of Hong Kong Island, between Central and Sai Ying Pun. Administratively, it is part of the Central and Western District. The name can be variously interpreted as Upper District (occupying relatively high ground compared to Central and Wan Chai), or Gateway District (perhaps a reference to the location where the British first entered and occupied Hong Kong). There are some attractive office buildings in this location that offer very good value for money including 181 Queen’s Road Central, China Merchants Tower / Sun Tak Centre West Tower, Cosco Tower, FWD Financial Centre, Golden Center, Guangdong Investment Tower, Hollywood Centre, Infinitus Plaza, Kai Tak Commercial Building, Nan Fung Tower, The Wellington, West Exchange Tower, Wing On Centre and Yardley Commercial Building.

The Amenities


There are many boutique hotels in the area including The Jervois, Ovolo, Sohotel, Butterfly at Wellington and some established hotels such as Courtyard By Marriott and Ramada Hong Kong Harbourview Hotel. Transport wise the location is served by several Shenun Wan MTR Island Line, and South Island lines. The tram services also stops in Sheung Wan, close to Sai Ying Pun.

The History


Sheung Wan was one of the earliest settled places by the British, and belonged to the historical Victoria City. The site of the original occupation of Hong Kong Island by British forces in 1842 was at Possession Street, between Queen's Road Central and Hollywood Road. The foot of Possession Street, Possession Point, was at that time on the shoreline, but is now several hundred yards inland due to reclamation. The military structures survived until the 1980s. Only Flagstaff House remains as Museum of Tea Ware in Hong Kong Park. Hong Kong's first road, Queen's Road, passes through the area and the business centre continued to expand toward the shoreline as far as the reclaimed lands.

Find out the latest asking rents for established office buildings in Sheung Wan :
Hong Kong Office Rental Table : Asking Rates
Find offices for lease in Sheung Wan, Hong Kong CBD


Read less

The Offices


Admiralty is the eastern extension of the central business district (adjacent to, but separate from, Central) on Hong Kong Island. It is bordered by Wan Chai to the east and Victoria Harbour to the north. The main office buildings in this district include One & Two Pacific Place, the twin office towers at Lippo Centre and twin towers of Admiralty Centre, as well as Bank of America Tower, Citic Tower, Fairmont House, Far East Finance Centre, United Centre and Three Pacific Place on the border with Wan Chai.

The Amenities


There are several high-end hotels in the area including the Conrad Hong Kong (Pacific Place,), JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong (Pacific Place) Island Shangri-La (Pacific Place). The location is home of two large shopping centers namely, Queensway Shopping Centre and the major landmark retail scheme of Pacific Centre, owned by Swire Properties. The MTR that serves the area is Admiralty MTR which is also an interchange station for travelers going to and from Kowloon. There is ample car parking in the shopping centres and commercial buildings in the surrounding areas.

The History


The name of Admiralty refers to the former Admiralty Dock in the area which housed a naval dockyard. The dock was later demolished when land was reclaimed and developed northward as the naval base HMS Tamar. The area was developed as a military area by the British military in the 19th century. They built the Wellington Barracks, Murray Barracks, Victoria Barracks and Admiralty Dock at the site. Following the urbanisation of the north shore of Hong Kong Island, the military area split the urban area. The Hong Kong Government tried many times to get the land from the British military to connect the two urban areas, but the military refused. It was not until the 1970s that the land was gradually returned to government and changed to commercial buildings and gardens.

The Admiralty Station of the MTR was built on the former site of the Hong Kong dockyards which was built in 1878 and demolished in the 1970s. After its completion, the area became increasingly known as Admiralty, rather than Central.

Queensway was formally separated and given its own name when the extensive military and naval sites that dominated this area were resumed by the Government for development, around the 1960s. Its Chinese name can be translated as Golden Bell Road, a reference to a notable bell once located in the adjacent Admiralty Dock, and does not include 'Queen'.

Find out the latest asking rents for established office buildings in Admiralty:
Hong Kong Office Rental Table : Asking Rates
Find office space for rent in Admiralty, Hong Kong CBD


Read less

The Offices


Wan Chai is a metropolitan area situated at the western part of the Wan Chai District on the northern shore of Hong Kong Island, in Hong Kong. Its other boundaries are Canal Road to the east, Arsenal Street to the west and Bowen Road to the south. The area north of Gloucester Road is often referred to as Wan Chai North.

Some of the main office towers in Wan Chai include: Central Plaza (78 floors, offices, completed in 1992), Hopewell Centre (64 floors, offices, completed in 1980) Sun Hung Kai Centre (56 floors, offices, completed in 1981), China Online Centre (52 floors, offices, completed in 2000) Three Pacific Place (40 floors, offices, completed in 2004) Convention Plaza Office Tower (50 floors, offices, completed in 1990) Wu Chung House (40 floors, offices and government offices, completed in 1992) Great Eagle Centre (35 floors, offices, completed in 1983) Shui On Centre (35 floors, offices, completed in 1987) QRE Plaza (35 floors, offices and shops, completed in 2007) China Resources Building (48 floors, offices, completed in 1983) and Harbour Centre (33 floors, offices, completed in 1983)

The Amenities


There is a wide choice of hotels in the area including The Grand Hyatt at Conventional Plaza, St Regis on Harbour Road, Novotel Century, The Harbour View, Wharney Hotel and Gloucester Luk Kwok Hong Kong. The area is served by Wan Chai MTR on the main island line. There are retail and dining outlets in abundance in this vicinity.

Wan Chai is one of the busiest commercial areas in Hong Kong with offices of many small and medium-sized companies. Wan Chai North features office towers, parks, hotels and an international conference and exhibition centre. As one of the first areas developed in Hong Kong, the locale is densely populated yet with noticeable residential zones facing urban decay. Arousing considerable public concern, the government has undertaken several urban renewal projects in recent years. There are various landmarks and skyscrapers within the area, most notably the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC), Central Plaza and Hopewell Centre.

The History


Wan Chai originally began as Ha Wan, literally meaning "a bottom ring" or "lower circuit". As one of the earliest developed areas in Hong Kong along the Victoria Harbour, Central ("centre ring" in Chinese), Sheung Wan ("upper ring"), Sai Wan ("western ring") and Wan Chai are collectively known as the four rings by the locals. Wan Chai literally means "a cove" in Cantonese from the shape of its coastal line. The area is no longer a cove, however, due to drastic city development and continual land reclamation. Wan Chai was the first home to the many Chinese villagers living along the undisturbed coastlines in proximity to Hung Shing Temple. Most of them were fishermen, who worked around the area near Hung Shing Temple overlooking the entire harbour. Hung Shing Ye, the God of the Sea, was one of the deities worshiped by the locals.

By the 1850s, the area was already becoming a Chinese residential area. There were dockyards on Ship Street and McGregor Street for building and repairing ships. The edge of Sun Street, Moon Street and Star Street was the original site of the first power station in Hong Kong, operated by the Hongkong Electric Company, which began supplying power in 1890.

One of the first water-front hospitals was the Seaman's Hospital, built in 1843, which was funded by the British merchant group Jardine's. It was then sold to the British Royal Navy in 1873 and subsequently redeveloped into the Royal Naval Hospital. After the Second World War, the hospital was revitalised as the Ruttonjee Hospital and became one of the main public hospitals in Hong Kong.

Find out the latest asking rents for established office buildings in Wan Chai:
Hong Kong Office Rental Table : Asking Rates
Offices for Rent in Wan Chai, Hong Kong CBD


Read less

Hong Kong Island (Other Locations)

The Offices


Causeway Bay or East Point is one of Hong Kong's major shopping districts. It includes the 13-storey Japanese-style department store Sogo, as well as shopping centres such as Times Square and Hysan Place. There are also smaller malls such as World Trade Centre, Windsor House, Hang Lung Centre, Lee Garden One and Lee Garden Two. Causeway Bay is one of the most crowded and central areas in Hong Kong.

The main office buildings in this district include Chubb Tower / Windsor House, Cofco Tower (Top Glory Tower) Hang Lung Centre Hysan Place, Lee Garden One to Six, Leighton Centre, Lippo Leighton Centre, One Hysan Avenue, Sino Plaza, Siu on Plaza, Times Square One and Two, Tower 535 and World Trade Centre.

The Amenities


Notable hotels in Causeway Bay include The Excelsior and Regal Hong Kong Hotel. Other hotels include Rosedal Hotel, The Park Lane, Holiday Inn Express Causeway Bay, Lanson Place, Best Western and Crown Plaza. Victoria Park is one of the best know parks on Hong Kong Island.

The History


The typhoon shelter of Causeway Bay and the Tin Hau Temple reveal that the area was once a fishing village. Before urban development and massive land reclamation, Causeway Bay was a heavily silted bay. Its former shape can be found on maps by tracing Tung Lo Wan Road, which goes along the former bay. In the early stage of development, a causeway was built, which is the present-day Causeway Road. In the 1950s, the coastline was further pushed forward when the remains of the bay were reclaimed for the Victoria Park, when the statue of Queen Victoria was brought back from Japan. The statue had been taken away during the Second World War from Statue Square at Chater Road, Central. Kellett Island off the coast of Causeway Bay has disappeared and connected as a result of the land reclamation.

The original Causeway Bay proper is actually the area now known as Tin Hau, near the present-day Tin Hau MTR station and the Causeway Bay Tin Hau Temple, whereas the Causeway Bay MTR station is at the area historically called East Point.

The present-day usage of the name Causeway Bay is usually confused with East Point, an area named after a spit on the coastline, eastern end of formerly Victoria City. The names of Yee Wo Street, Jardine's Bazaar, and Jardine's Crescent reveal that the land in this area was sold by the British colonial government to Jardines in the early 19th century.

Find out the latest asking rents for established office buildings in Causeway Bay :
Hong Kong Office Rental Table : Asking Rates
Office Space for Rent in Hong Kong Island


Read less

The Offices


Fortress Hill is a hill and an area on the north shore of Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong. Fortress Hill includes the western part of North Point lying west of Oil Street, and the eastern part of Causeway Bay. There are a number of private residential estates, office buildings, hotels and serviced apartments in this area. North Point is a mixed-use urban area in the Eastern District of Hong Kong. It is in the northeastern part of Hong Kong Island, named after a cape between Causeway Bay and Tsat Tsz Mui, and projects toward Kowloon Bay.

The main office buildings in this district include 101 King’s Road, 148 Electric Road, 18 King Wah Road, AIA Tower, China United Centre, Fortress Tower, Harbour East, K Wah Centre, Olympia Plaza, Isalnd Place Tower and Two Chinachem Exchange Square.

The Amenities


There are several hotels in this district including Hyatt Centric Victoria Harbour, China (HK) Hotel, Shama Island North Hotel Harbour Grand Hong Kong and iclub Fortress Hill Hotel

The History


Parts of North Point have been inhabited since before the British arrived in the mid-19th century. In 1919, the Hongkong Electric Company started operation of the territory's second power station at North Point. In the 1920s, Ming Yuen Amusement Park became a popular entertainment venues on the Island. During the 1930s, the beaches of North Point became one of the most popular places for holding swimming gala in Hong Kong. In 1938, the North Point Refugee Camp was built to accommodate the influx of refugees from the Mainland. The camp comprised 26 huts. Access to the camp was via Kam Hong Road and Marble Road. During World War II, the camp was renamed the North Point Camp, and used as a prisoner of war camp for captured Canadian soldiers during the Japanese occupation.

During the Chinese Civil War, a large number of the rich and middle class from Shanghai fled to Hong Kong to escape the turmoil of war, many of them settled in North Point. In 1950, North Point became known as "Little Shanghai", since in the minds of many, it has already become the replacement for the surrendered Shanghai in China. The first wave of emigrants introduced Shanghai-style restaurants, beauty parlours and barbershops. They also learned Cantonese and intermarried with people of other dialect groups. During the 1950s, North Point was the premiere place of residence for these emigrants, leading to a massive population boom; by the end of 1960, North Point was listed as the most densely populated place on earth by the Guinness Book of Records.The first school in Hong Kong to use Mandarin as the main medium of instruction, Kiangsu and Chekiang Primary School, was founded in 1953 in North Point by these early Shanghainese immigrants. Shanghai at the time was heavily associated with leftist movements; leftist-supported businesses in North Point, such as the Sunbeam Theatre which showcases Chinese Opera, are a legacy of their influence.

Find out the latest asking rents for established office buildings in Fortress Hill / North Point :
Hong Kong Office Rental Table : Asking Rates
Office Space for Rent in Hong Kong Island


Read less

The Offices


Quarry Bay is an area beneath Mount Parker in the Eastern District of Hong Kong Island, in Hong Kong. The western portion of the area was also formerly known as Lai Chi. Traditionally being an industrial and residential area, the number of commercial buildings in this district has increased over the past two decades. Quarry Bay is bordered by Sai Wan Ho to the east, Mount Parker to the south, North Point to the west, and Victoria Harbour to the north. Administratively, it is part of Eastern District.

Quarry Bay is considered as an area surrounded by Kornhill Road to the east, Hong Shing Street and Mount Parker Road to the south, Junction of King's Road and Healthy Street West to the west, and Taikoo Wan Road to the north.

The main office buildings in this district include Devon House, Dorset House, PCCW Tower,Lincoln House, Oxford House, Cambridge House, Berkshire House,One Taikoo Place (Completed in 2018),Two Taikoo Place (Complete in 2021), Cityplaza, Cityplaza Phase 1, Cityplaza Phase 3, Cityplaza Phase 4, 1025 King's Road, 1063 King's Road, Kerry Centre and Prosperity Millennia Plaza.

The Amenities


There are limited hotels in the location with East Hong Kong in Cityplaza, in Tai Koo being the main one. Most visitors would commute from hotels in nearby Causeway Bay or Wan Chai. The main shopping mall for the area is Cityplaza. This is a substantial retail complex that includes many eateries, cinema complex and even an indoor ice ring in the middle of the shopping mall. Both locations are served directly by Quarry Bay and Tai Koo MTR on the Island Line.

The History


During Colonial Hong Kong times, the Hakka stonemasons settled in the area after the British arrival. This area was a bay where rock from the hillsides were quarried and transported by ship for building construction or road building. The eastern part of Quarry Bay, namely Quarry Point, was largely owned by Swire and therefore many places and facilities are named after the company's Chinese name, Taikoo. The river originally flowed into the bay, however it was shut off from the sea with the construction of the Tai Koo Reservoir to supply fresh water to the Taikoo Dockyard, the Taikoo Sugar factory at Tong Chong Street and later the Swire Coca-Cola factory at Greig Road and Yau Man Street. The upper course of the river was converted into a cement-paved catchwater, and the lower course is the present-day Quarry Bay Street, with the original estuary near the Quarry Bay Street - King's Road junction.

In the mid-1980s, the hillside was converted into Kornhill apartment buildings, the reservoir into Mount Parker Lodge (apartment buildings), and the Dockyard into Taikoo Shing. The Coca-Cola factory is now apartment Kornville and Taikoo Sugar is now the Taikoo Place, a commercial hub.

Find out the latest asking rents for established office buildings in Quarry Bay / Island East :
Hong Kong Office Rental Table : Asking Rates
Office Space for Rent in Hong Kong Island


Read less

The Offices


The two main districts in this location are Wong Chuk Hang and Aberdeen. Aberdeen /æbərˈdiːn/ (About this soundlisten) is an area on southwest Hong Kong Island in Hong Kong. Administratively, it is part of the Southern District. While the name "Aberdeen" could be taken in a broad sense to encompass the areas of Aberdeen (town), Wong Chuk Hang, Ap Lei Chau, Tin Wan, Wah Kwai Estate and Wah Fu Estate, it is more often used to refer to the town only. According to the population census conducted in 2011, the total population of the Aberdeen area is approximately 80,000.

Aberdeen is famous not only to tourists but also to Hong Kong locals for its floating village and floating seafood restaurants located in the Aberdeen Harbour. The Tanka people, who used to live on boats in the Aberdeen Harbour, are generally associated with the fishing industry, and there are still several dozens of them living on boats in the harbour.

The main office buildings in this district include 23 Wong Chuk Hang Road, 41 Heung Yio Road, AXA Soutside, Casey Aberdeen House, Cyberport, Genesis, Global Trade Square, Marina 8, One Island South, South Island Place, Southmark Tower and Vertical Square.

The Amenities


The area is served by Wong Chu Hang and Aberdeen MTR stations. There are limited hotels in the district with the closest being Hong Kong Ocean Park Hotel.

The History


Starting from the Ming Dynasty, "Hong Kong" became the original name for the presently-named Aberdeen village. In the early 19th century, foreigners who landed near Aberdeen Village mistook the name of the village "Hong Kong" for the whole island. When the foreigners eventually realized their mistake, the name "Hong Kong" was already commonly used to refer to the entire island.

In Cantonese, Aberdeen is known indigenously as Hong Kong Tsai which means "Hong Kong Minor", "Son of Hong Kong" or "Little Hong Kong". It is believed that Aberdeen is where the name of Hong Kong (more accurately transcribed as Heung Kong) originates. Heung Kong Tsuen ("Hong Kong village") on Ap Lei Chau was mentioned on Ming-era maps. Another walled village called Heung Kong Wai in Wong Chuk Hang was also founded during the Qianlong era of the Qing Dynasty. Hong Kong means "fragrant harbour", and it was Aberdeen where incense trees from the New Territories used to be brought for export to other cities in China. One alternative Chinese name was Shek Pai Wan.

In the Second World War, during the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong (1941-1945), the Chinese name of Aberdeen, Hong Kong Tsai, was transformed into Japanese as Moto Hong Kong meaning "The Origin of Hong Kong".

Find out the latest asking rents for established office buildings in Island South :
Hong Kong Office Rental Table : Asking Rates
Office Space for Rent in Hong Kong Island


Read less

Kowloon

The Offices


Tsim Sha Tsui is an urban area in southern Kowloon, Hong Kong. The area is administratively part of the Yau Tsim Mong District. Tsim Sha Tsui East is a piece of land reclaimed from the Hung Hom Bay now east of Tsim Sha Tsui. The area is bounded north by Austin Road and in the east by Hong Chong Road and Cheong Wan Road. Geographically, Tsim Sha Tsui is a cape on the tip of the Kowloon Peninsula pointing towards Victoria Harbour, opposite Central. Several villages had been established in this location before Kowloon was ceded to the British Empire in 1860. Tsim Sha Tsui in Chinese means sharp sandspit.

The main office buildings in central Tsim Sha Tsui include China Hong Kong City Towers 1-6, The Gateway Towers 1-6, Lippo Sun Plaza, Mira Place One Peking, Silvercord Towers 1-2, Star House, Wharf T & T Centre and World Finance Centre. International Commerce Centre is located in Tsim Sha Tsui West. Some of the main office buildings in Tsim Sha Tsui East include 8 Observatory, Concordia Plaza, Chinachem Golden Plaza, Energy Plaza, Empire Centre, K11 Atelier, New East Ocean Centre New Mandarin Plaza South Seas Centre, Tsim Sha Tsui Centre and Wing on Plaza.

The Amenities


Tourist hospitality is a major industry in Tsim Sha Tsui. The area has the highest concentration of hotels in Hong Kong. Some of the hotels include The Peninsula, Rosewood Hong Kong, Kowloon Shangri-La, InterContinental Hong Kong, The Mira Hong Kong, Baden-Powell International House, Hotel Icon, and the Hotel Panorama. The Hyatt Regency Hong Kong was closed on 1 January 2006 and the iSQUARE shopping mall was built at its former location. It has re-opened in October 2009 on Hanoi Road of Tsim Sha Tsui within the new The Masterpiece skyscraper. Other hotels in virtually every price range and level of luxury can be found throughout the area; Chungking Mansions is known for providing cheap lodging for backpackers. Tsim Sha Tsui is a major tourist hub in Hong Kong, with many high-end shops, bars, pubs and restaurants that cater to tourists.

The History


Before Kowloon was ceded to Britain in 1860, many villages were present in the area. Incense trees from New Territories were gathered at some quays in Tsim Sha Tsui and transferred to Shek Pai Wan in southern Hong Kong Island to be exported to rest of the world. It was thus known as Heung Po Tau, the fragrant quay. Shortly after the land was ceded to Britain, construction began on the first section of Tsim Sha Tsui's major thoroughfare, Nathan Road.

In 1888, the Star Ferry offered regular transport between Central and Tsim Sha Tsui, and the area has flourished ever since. Until the 20th century, Tsim Sha Tsui was a leafy suburb dominated by the people and facilities of the British military. Whitfield Barracks, converted into Kowloon Park in 1970, ran to the west of Nathan Road, and Kowloon Naval Yard occupied the waterfront to the west of the army encampment. In the early 20th century, Chinese people were allowed to live in the area to attract more people to trade in the colony. Garden houses were replaced with crowded residential blocks. Wharves and godowns were built along the west shore. Major developers like Hormusjee Naorojee Mody and Catchick Paul Chater actively participated in the development of Tsim Sha Tsui.

The Kowloon–Canton Railway (British Section) commenced service on 1 October 1910. Kowloon station in Tsim Sha Tsui was approved to be constructed on reclaimed land in 1912. It was built on the new southern reclamation from 1913 to 1915. The rails extended along the western reclamation parallel to Chatham Road, with old Hung Hom station near the Gun Club Hill Barracks at the junction of Chatham Road and Austin Road. Another major road, Salisbury Road, was completed in approximately the same period. The landmark Peninsula Hotel was built on the reclamation in 1928, opposite to the station. East Tsim Sha Tsui or Tsim Sha Tsui East is an area east of Chatham Road South reclaimed from Hung Hom Bay in the 1970s. The Tsim Sha Tsui East Promenade links the area with the Hong Kong Cultural Centre near the Clock Tower. In 2004, the East Rail line returned to Tsim Sha Tsui with the extension of the line from Hung Hom to the new East Tsim Sha Tsui station, which serves as an interchange station with Tsim Sha Tsui station on the Tsuen Wan line. Unlike other East Rail line stations, it was built underground near Blackhead Point. An extensive tunnel system was constructed for pedestrians to access the most popular destinations in Tsim Sha Tsui, and to change trains between the two lines.

Find out the latest asking rents for established office buildings in Tsim Sha Tsui / Jordan :
Hong Kong Office Rental Table : Asking Rates
Office Rentals in Kowloon


Read less

The Offices


Mong Kok is one of the major shopping areas in Hong Kong. The area is characterized by a mixture of old and new multi-story buildings, with shops and restaurants at street level, and commercial or residential units above. Major industries in Mong Kok are retail, restaurants (including fast food) and entertainment.

The main office buildings in this district include Argyle Centre, Langham Place, Grand Century Place Towers 1& 2, Grand Plaza One & Two, Hollywood Plaza, Pioneer Centre, Sino Centre and Wai Fung Plaza.

The Amenities


Some popular shopping plazas located in this dense area include, Sino Centre, Ho King Shopping Centre, Grand Century Place Langham Place – This is a 59-storey complex with a shopping mall, a hotel, and offices. It opened in 2004 and was constructed based on the Hong Kong Government urban redevelopment scheme. It is the tallest building in Mong Kok. Other hotels in the area include The Olympian Hong Kong, Cordis Hotel, Tung Nam Lou Art Hotel, The Beacon Hotel and the Ritz Carlton in Tsim Sha Tsui West is not far away.

The History


Until 1930, the area was called Mong Kok Tsui. The current English name is a transliteration of its older Chinese name which is named for its plentiful supply of ferns in the past when it was a coastal region. Its present Chinese name means "prosperous corner" or "crowded corner", however, the English name did not change. For a period, the area was also called Argyle, and this name was used for the MTR station when it opened in 1979. The office building 'Mong Kok Centre', which was named after the area, is known in English as Argyle Centre rather than Mong Kok Centre.

The area used to be a Hakka settlement, with about 200 villagers according to Bao'an records in 1819. The heart of the present-day Mong Kok is along Argyle Street near Sai Yeung Choi Street whilst the proper Mong Kok used to be to the north, near the present-day Mong Kok East station. Mong Kok was an area of cultivated lands, bounded to the south by Argyle Street, to the west by Coronation Road (a section of present-day Nathan Road), and to the east by hills. To the southeast of Mong Kok is Ho Man Tin and to the west Tai Kok Tsui.

Find out the latest asking rents for established office buildings in Mongkok :
Hong Kong Office Rental Table : Asking Rates
Office Rentals in Kowloon


Read less

The Offices


Hung Hom is an area in the southeast of Kowloon Peninsula, Hong Kong. Including the area of Whampoa, Tai Wan, Hok Yuen, Lo Lung Hang and No. 12 Hill are administratively part of the Kowloon City District, with a portion west of Hung Hom Bay in the Yau Tsim Mong District. Hung Hom serves mainly residential purposes, but it is mixed with some industrial buildings in the north.

The main office buildings in this district include Cheung Kei Centre (fka One HarbourGate Centre) One & Two Harbourfront, Peninsula Square and The Metropolis Tower

The Amenities


Hung Hom is served by the Hung Hom station of the MTR. The station serves as the southern terminus of both East Rail line and West Rail line, as well as the terminus of cross-border services with destinations to major cities in China. As of October 2016, Ho Man Tin station and Whampoa station as part of an extension of the Kwun Tong line, are available for accessing the Hung Hom area. There is a ferry terminal with services to Central and Wan Chai.

Hotels in this district include Kerry Hotel Hong Kong, Harbour Grand Kowloon and Harbour Plaza Metropolis.

The History


Originally, Hung Hom was much smaller than the present-day context. Hung Hom Bay has been partially reclaimed several times since 1850, expanding the area of Hung Hom as a consequence. Rumsey Rock, formerly located in the bay, was buried in the reclamation process. Later a town was developed eastward parallel to the Hong Kong and Whampoa Dock. Hung Hom was renamed to "Yamashita District" during the Japanese occupation from 1941 to 1945. It was one of the few places to be renamed.

Find out the latest asking rents for established office buildings in Hung Hom :
Hong Kong Office Rental Table : Asking Rates
Office Rentals in Kowloon


Read less

The Offices


Kowloon East has undergone a dramatic transformation over the last 2 decades from a traditional industrial location to become a decentralized commercial hub touted as the CBD 2. The two main districts in this location are Kowloon Bay and Kwun Tong both served by their respective MTR stations as well as Ngau Tau Kok MTR. Kwun Tong is an area situated at the eastern part of the Kowloon Peninsula, and its boundary stretches from Lion Rock in the north to Lei Yue Mun in the south, and from the winding paths of Kowloon Peak in the east to the north coast of the former Kai Tak Airport runway in the west.

The main office buildings in this Kowloon Bay include Billion Centre, Chevalier Commercial Centre, Enterprise Square Towers 1-3, Enterprise Square Two, Exchange Tower, Goldin Financial Global Centre, Kingston International Centre, Manhattan Place, One Kowloon and Skyline Tower. Some of the major office buildings in Kwun Tong include AIA Kowllon Tower, AXA Tower Landmark East, C-Bons International Centre, Crocodile House, EGL Tower, Elite Centre, Harbourfront HQ, Kwun Tong Harbour Plaza, Manulife Financial Centre, Millennium City Towers 1-6, One Harbour Square, Pioneer Place The Quayside and Two Harbour Square.

The Amenities


The main retail scheme in Kowloon Bay is Mega Box in Enterprise Square Five and in Kwun Tong Millennium Plaza is the main retail scheme for the district. The district is not that well served by hotels but in Kwun Tong visitors can choose from Nina Hotel, Dorsett Kwun Tong and Holiday Inn Express. Kowloon Bay is even less well served by hotels and most visitors would commute from Tsim Sha Tsui.

The History


It was formerly known as Ngau Tau Kok Industrial Area. After the construction of MTR Kowloon Bay station, the area is referred to as Kowloon Bay. The Chinese name of Kwun Tong was formerly transcribed as Koon Tong in Cantonese Yale. Despite the identical pronunciation of these two names in Cantonese, they have different meanings. "官塘" literally means Mandarin Pond, which was allegedly named after the Koon Fu salt yards set up by the government to secure central administration of the salt trade and prevent unauthorised salt preparation and trading starting from Song Dynasty. In those days, there were many salt yards around Kwun Tong, whose long coastline stretched to as far as Kowloon Bay and To Kwa Wan in the west. Troops were stationed here to monitor the salt yards' operation. Despite the government's close watch, illegal salt trade was still active on Lantau Island. When it was discovered by the officials, a full-scale crackdown was initiated. The Lantau villagers instigated an all-out uprising of salt farmers, leading finally to a major civil riot.

According to other stories, Kwun Tong was a typhoon shelter for the Kowloon Water Police, which made it an important political and defence point of north-west Kowloon. Black Hill (Ng Kwai Shan), which today rises up behind Lam Tin Estate, was known as Koon Fu Hill at that time.

In the 1950s, when Kwun Tong was being developed as a new town, the local residents disliked the word Koon which literally means official or government, and they persuaded the Hong Kong government to change the place name to Kwun Tong, which literally means viewing a pond. The development of Kwun Tong spearheaded the construction and planning of new towns in the New Territories, although the first project was limited in scope and did not share the features of self-contained communities like the later ones.

Find out the latest asking rents for established office buildings in Kowloon Bay/ Kwun Tong (Kowloon East) :
Hong Kong Office Rental Table : Asking Rates
Office Rentals in Kowloon


Read less

The Offices


Cheung Sha Wan is an area between Lai Chi Kok and Sham Shui Po in New Kowloon, Hong Kong. It is mainly residential to the north and south, with an industrial area in between. Administratively it is part of Sham Shui Po District which also includes Lai Chi Kok.

The main office buildings in this district include 909 Cheung Sha Wan Road, 9 Wing Hong Street, CEO Tower, Cheung Sha Wan Plaza Towers 1 & 2, Clifford Centre, Excel Centre, Ford Glory Plaza, Global Gateway Tower, Law’s Commercial Plaza, Peak Castle, Saxon Tower, Tins Enterprises Centre, Trade Square and Trendy Centre

The Amenities


The area is served by two stations on MTR Tsuen Wan line: Cheung Sha Wan station in the east and, Lai Chi Kok station in the west. Lai Chi Kok station is actually located not in Lai Chi Kok, but in Cheung Sha Wan. The fact that references to Cheung Sha Wan can be found on many buildings and amenities near Lai Chi Kok station continues to be a source of confusion for many.

There are limited hotels in Cheung Shaw Wan but to the Eastern edge in Sham Shui Po there are a few to choose from including E Hotel in Sham Shui Po or The Olympian Hong Kong West Kowloon or Heritage Lodge in Lai Chi Kok.

The History


As its (Chinese) name suggests, it was formerly a bay with a long sandy beach. It spans roughly from today's Butterfly Valley Road at the west to Yen Chow Street at the east. The beach was a gathering place for many Tanka fishermen before its development. The original shoreline approximates the present Castle Peak Road and Un Chau Street. Inland, villages of Om Yam, Ma Lung Hang, Pak Shu Lung, So Uk, Li Uk, Wong Uk and others sparsely occupied the whole bay of Cheung Sha Wan. Rivers from Beacon Hill, Crow's Nest and Piper's Hill formed a long plain behind the beach. Farmlands filled between villages. A larger river ran in Butterfly Valley separating Cheung Sha Wan and Lai Chi Kok. A sandbar was found at the mouth of its estuary.

The Lei Cheng Uk Han Tomb is located in Cheung Sha Wan, and dates from AD 25 - 220. It is the oldest known constructed structure in Hong Kong, and demonstrates that early Chinese civilization had spread to Hong Kong by 2,000 years ago.

Before World War I, the two ends, Lai Chi Kok and Sham Shui Po, of Cheung Sha Wan had been reclaimed. The former was for military use and the later emerged as a new town north of Tai Kok Tsui. In April 2006, a total of 580 unused shells from the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong were found buried at Tonkin Street in Cheung Sha Wan. The residents were temporarily evacuated and the shells were detonated safely. The bay of Cheung Sha Wan was reclaimed in several phases in the twentieth century. The last reclamation in 1990s extended the area close to Stonecutters Island. The shipbuilding and repair industries on the old shore were moved to near the island and the sites were replaced by some private housing estates constructed in the early 2000s.

Find out the latest asking rents for established office buildings in Cheung Sha Wan :
Hong Kong Office Rental Table : Asking Rates
Office Rentals in Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon


Read less

New Territories

The Offices


Kwai Chung is an urban area within Tsuen Wan New Town in the New Territories of Hong Kong. Together with Tsing Yi Island, it is part of the Kwai Tsing District District of Hong Kong. Kwai Chung is the site of the container port. It is also part of Tsuen Wan New Town. In 2000, it had a population of 287,000. Its area is 9.93 km². Areas within Kwai Chung include: Kwai Fong, Kwai Hing, Lai King, Tai Wo Hau.

The main office buildings in Kwai Chung include Kowloon Commerce Centre Towers 1 & 2, Citic Telecom Tower, Ever Gain Plaza Towers 1 & 2, KC100, Manhattan Centre and Metroplaza Towers 1 & 2. The major office buildings in Tsuen Wan include Nina Tower (West Tsuen Wan), The Octogan, Nan Fung Centre, Grand City Plaza and Chinachem Tsuen Wan Plaza.

The Amenities


Discovery Park, one of Hong Kong's largest shopping centres, is located in the heart of Tsuen Wan Town. There is a goldsmith street there where jewels can be purchased. Other features include Tsuen Wan Plaza, Tsuen Wan City Landmark, Citywalk and L'Hotel, The Sam Tung Uk Museum, Tin Hau Temple and The Panda Hotel, one of the biggest hotels in Hong Kong. The Nina Towers, which include an 80-storey tower, rise over Tsuen Wan. Hong Kong's cable TV service company i-CABLE also has their headquarters located in Tsuen Wan at Wharf Cable Tower. An urban renewal project led to the shopping malls Citywalk and Citywalk 2, as well as the residential areas above it.

The History


Kwai Chung is the home of the principal commercial cargo handling area of Hong Kong, the Kwai Chung Container Terminal, one of the largest and busiest port facilities in the world. The main commercial port was relocated here from Yau Ma Tei in the 1980s, in preparation for the West Kowloon Reclamation, which has left the original waterfront of Yau Ma Tei almost half a mile inland.

Tsuen Wan is a town built on a bay in the Western New Territories of Hong Kong, opposite to Tsing Yi Island across Rambler Channel. The market town of Tsuen Wan emerged for the surrounding villages and fleets of fishing boats in the area. The now crowded city is around the present-day Tsuen Wan station of the MTR. It was extended as far as the reclamation proceeded.

In 1911, there were approximately 3000 villagers living in Tsuen Wan. In the 20th century, factories moved in gradually due to its proximity to Kowloon. With the construction of Castle Peak Road in 1917, motor vehicles could reach the town in addition to access on foot and by boat. Regular bus services did not begin until 1933. Early industries relied on the ample local water supply to make incense sticks, preserved fruit and farming, while post-war industries included metalwares and textiles.

In the 1950s, the Hong Kong Government developed the area with new town concept. In the 1960s it was developed as part of Tsuen Wan New Town, including housing estates like the Fuk Loi Estate, built in 1967.By 1971, the area housed 400,000 residents. It was one of the last areas in Hong Kong to be developed without the "Colony Outline Plan". A museum of a local settlement village is located in Tsuen Wan Town: Sam Tung Uk Museum. The museum consists of a 200-year-old walled village featuring exhibits designed to replicate traditional village life. It was donated in 1981 and after restoration during the construction of the MTR, it was opened for the public in 1987.

Find out the latest asking rents for established office buildings in Kwai Chung / Tsuen Wan :
Hong Kong Office Rental Guide : Asking Rates
Offices for Lease in the New Territories


Read less

The Offices


Sha Tin, also spelt Shatin, is a neighbourhood along Shing Mun River in the eastern New Territories, Hong Kong. Administratively, it is part of the Sha Tin District. Sha Tin is one of the neighbourhoods of the Sha Tin New Town project. The new town was founded in 1973 under the New Towns Development Programme of the Hong Kong government. Its current name was named after the nearby village of Sha Tin Wai.

The main office buildings in this district include Grand Central Plaza Towers 1 & 2, Delta House, Shatin Galleria, and Kings Wing Plaza 1.

The Amenities


Shopping centres in this district include New Town Plaza, Citylink Plaza, Sha Tin Plaza, Sha Tin Centre, Lucky Plaza, Hilton Plaza, Wai Wah Centre, Fortune City One, Grand Central Plaza and HomeSquare.

Hotels in the area include Regal Riverside Hotel, Alva Hotel By Royal, Courtyard by Marriott, Royal Park Hotel and Hyatt Regency.

There are numerous cultural, recreational and sport facilities in Sha Tin including the Town Hall, swimming pools, football pitches, indoor recreation centres and various track and field facilities for the use of Sha Tin residents. The 8-hectare Sha Tin Park was opened to public in 1988. Apart from its horticultural gardens and impressive water features, it also includes a large open plaza and a bandstand. The Ma On Shan Park, which is adjacent to Ma On Shan Swimming Pool, occupies 5.5 hectare of land. The Sha Tin Racecourse, occupying approximately 70 hectares, rests on reclaimed flatland. At the centre of the racecourse is the Penfold Garden which opens to the public on non-racing days.

The History


Tai Wai Village, located in Tai Wai, next to Sha Tin, and the oldest and largest walled village in Sha Tin District, was built in 1574, during the Ming Dynasty.

Before British rule in Hong Kong, the area of Sha Tin and its vicinity was referred to as Lek Yuen (lit. "source of trickling" or "source of clear water"). Colonial officials allegedly mistook the name of the Sha Tin Wai village as the name of the area and it has been used ever since. Nowadays, the original name is used to refer to Lek Yuen Estate.

There was a market township Sha Tin Hui at the present location of Sha Tin Centre Street and New Town Plaza shopping centre, near the Sha Tin station of the MTR East Rail line. Sha Tin was the location of the first flight of a powered aircraft in Hong Kong in 1911. The aeroplane was named as the Spirit of Sha Tin. A full size replica of this plane now hangs in Hong Kong International Airport.

Starting in the 1970s, the area became part of the Sha Tin New Town development. Since then, the economy in the area has greatly improved and living standards have also increased. Sha Tin Town Centre was developed during the mid-1980s to help "link the town's currently dispersed residents into one cohesive community. The 18-hectare site, adjacent to the railway station, was built up in stages to house an array of uses including the New Town Plaza, numerous smaller shopping centres, Sha Tin Park, magistracy, library, town hall, marriage registry, hotel, New Town Tower, a town square, and residential towers.

Find out the latest asking rents for established office buildings in Shatin :
Hong Kong Office Rental Guide : Asking Rates
Offices for Lease in the New Territories


Read less

Leasing Options by District


Offices for rent in Hong Kong CBD
Office space for rent Hong Kong Island
Office Rentals Kowloon
Offices for Lease New Territories

Want to search for more office space options in Hong Kong, to match your budget, size and location preferences? Then use our comprehensive search tool. To view latest office rental rates check our Building Rental Table.

Our customised stock report will give you our full summary of all available offices for rent with our confidential guide on Lowest Negotiable Rates. Fill in the Request Summary form, and you will receive your customised report within 60 minutes.

To request further information:

Eddie Chan
Eddie Chan
M +852 3752 3031

Email